Friday 2 March 2012

1st of March

Yesterday was the 1st of March. This kicks off the event Black March set in motion by big players and discussed earlier in these posts Black March and MoreBlack March. And I must admit that I did not think of it. I was reminded by a friend that this is the time to make a stand against mainstream media.

Rather than describing how I think this action relates to active protest against Hollywood, I will take quite a different route with this post. I am going to post a short review of the latest product from Hollywood I was unfortunate enough to support with a fraction of my purchasing power.

The movie Safe House, starring such renowned actors as Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington, was a dissappointment to me in several ways. To retain some sort of self-respect I will hide behind the excuse that recently I frequent the movies with my younger brother more than I do so with any one else. This limits the amount of inspiried independantly produced movies I get to see on the big screen. But back to the movie Safe House.

The main critique I have of this piece of so-called entertainment is that while this movie fits in the genre of action, the action scenes portrayed were so poorly realized that I drew several loud sighs and probably even rolled my eyes a few times. The camera was shaking for every action scene with no exception. In addition to this the plot was weak and unexplored. The characters also felt too weakly developed to engage the audience properly.

These and many other reasons should solidify how easy it will be to go through with Black March and refuse to support these underachieving industries claiming to profess themselves at understanding and providing entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment