Tuesday 17 January 2012

A mix of things

In the post Core I briefly touched upon the idea of a resource based economy and let a slide show do the talk for me. This does no justice to how paramount this subject should be for this blog. The goal with this project is to detail various aspects of the progressive mindset required to make a resource based economy function, and more importantly healthy for the inhabitants.

Personally I find diet to be a subject of interest, and I would very much like to move into more discussions on how this new society might handle nutritional care. Social relations could also be a nice focus, as there are many things that would likely change in how people interact with each other in the future.

So what of all this change? Why is it needed? Well no matter who you are, you must have noticed something or some things that seem curious to you about how we go about things in the societies of today. I recently had a big laugh over this picture, because it really made my day to see that some one else had thought about the very zombie-like nature of my generation in some aspects of life.


This is a wonderfully comic example of how we are being homogenised as a species. You could draw many parallels from this, but I will not be the one to uphold "the good old days". I was born in 1987 so I was not a part of that period any way. But even so I still prefer looking ahead.

If the present is undesirable I prefer to attritute that to a sense of fate. The past has lead to the present, and so we might not have seen it coming, but the past did indeed produce the present, so there should be no glory to the past if the present is inglorious.

George Carlin does a piece on something similar, and you should be able to see the connection in this clip. He is talking about how we hone our focus towards the immediate center of the fire, instead of taking a step back and asking ourselves what created the mess in the first place. He takes a gigantic leap into the offensive position and starts slashing paradigms all over the place. For this alone George Carlin is sorely missed as a comedian and a social observer. He is quite pessimistic and he does uphold "the good old days" sometimes, but he makes up for that by giving the more ghastly, realistic world view a twist with a sinister smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment