Monday 12 December 2011

Revolution

What is a revolution?
I will leave you to look it up, if you feel the need for a cookie cutting dictionary interpretation and structural analysis of the word. In my mind the word simply means fundamental change. While a reform is diplomatic and compromising, a revolution should be neither.


What is a revolution good for?
Simply put, an infinite amount of achievements. A fundamental change, either from interior or exterior workings, often is brought about with the expectation of bringing about a more fruitful direction. Such is also true of a reform, but the result of a revolution is more often than not quite a lot more radical in its new direction than a reform would be. To be diplomatic certainly has its uses on a more social level, but if you look at nature you will notice that diplomacy is just about nowhere to be found. Not just globally, but universally, it is true that any element exposed to a force greater than its tolerance will yield. Ask any person you know that actually read their physics book.
A revolution then would be superior as a solution to a crisis, if the optimal change in direction needed for the host element is radically different from the current one.


Why would I propose revolution on multiple levels of society?
Because I believe that a vast amount of elements within society, which I will most likely be covering in greater detail in later posts, has to change within the near future, for our species to retain a reasonable chance of cultural survival. In the event of a complete societal breakdown, for instance if the economic crisis worsens and sends the super powers to their knees and the ensuing panic within the western world tears the economic boundaries asunder, our cultures might not make it into the history books. And more importantly our health care systems, educational systems etc. all need to keep running, even through massive societal change for obvious reasons.
It should be clear now that my view on the future of this current culture is quite bleak. But honestly, why would you even spend more than the time it takes to load up a YouTube video of Rihanna on this blog, if you had a problem with a revolutionary approach to social evolution. Quite simply I am of the impression that this culture will be surpassed soon. Therefore I am only interested in making the transition to whatever comes next as smooth as possible.
The social immune system of the world is hard at work right now. Just like a cancer grows within the body without the host noticing it before it is too late, we have not yet reached global awareness of the fact that our current ways is no longer sustainable. If the goal is to achieve the highest standard of living possible for as many as possible, then this system is rapidly being outgrown by the rising demands for actual resolve.


Where do I propose the revolutions start off?
Jiddu Krishnamurti said that a radical revolution of the mind needs to occur, and I agree whole-heartedly. You need to take back what is yours, because I can promise that you have been robbed. Just as everyone else has. By advertising, by politicians, by your parents, by your peers, by your diet, by your habits, by your likes, by your dislikes. Every one of those elements and an almost endless list of others within your life has been acting and reacting to shape you as an integrated cogwheel in the machinery of society. Modern psychology claims that you are the product of your surroundings, and if it is true that you have any type of free will in that equation, then you are in turn able to interact with and change your surroundings to knowingly or unknowingly reconfigure your own programming and thereby change your behaviour. That is as much free will as you can get, assuming the discipline of scientific psychology to be a resourceful one, and for evolution to be anywhere close to truth, it is all you need.
I already have a future post planned that will comment in greater detail on how evolution and biology plays a big role in my view on humanity.


How do I plan on convincing 7 billion people?
Well, some are ahead and some are behind me in this train of thought. What I am aiming for personally right now is to be able to shut down the parts of my personality that keeps me addicted to unsustainable practices. Such as eating junk food and being socially self-centred. In essence I am trying to practise what I preach, and this is harder than first assumed. Believing that the world needed to change was unfortunately not enough to spin my life around and become a social beacon of hope.


Currently I do have an interesting task going on actually. I started at a university earlier this year, and I do find it difficult to muster the patience and concentration needed to do my work properly instead of just playing games and day dreaming about the new society.


At this point I do not know what my next post will be about, but I'm very excited to find out. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment